Hershey


     I don't think I have ever written about my dog, Hershey, on my blog before, so I will do so now.  Hershey is a border collie - well...he's around 85% border collie (if I remember right).  He has a little bit of something else in him, giving him curly hair, and he has five black freckles on the left side of his nose (the right side of his nose is just plain white).  We've had him for over a year now, we got him in 2010.  Hershey is a really lovable dog.  He likes to sleep a lot.  He is "a dog of routines", as my mom likes to say.  He likes to try to play with the cats, although I'm not so sure that our cats think of "play" the same way that he does.  He especially likes to "play" with our Smokey, our grey cat.
     Hershey loves his walks, but then again, what dog doesn't?  Like I said, he is a border collie, and he loves to run and play with us.  He loves it when my mom, brother and I all take him on long walks around the block.  When we first got him, he used to shy away from people, but now he's a lot more social around strangers.  He used to follow me everywhere around the house, but now he usually just follows my mom or sleeps in his favourite spot in my mom's room.
     When we leave to go somewhere like grocery shopping, visiting friends, or anything else, he'll usually hop up on my mom's bed and have a nice long nap, and, when we come back, he greets us at the door, happy to see us again.  He watches us carefully when we eat, hoping to get a little something from our plates.  Of course, he doesn't usually get anything - but one can always hope!  Hershey can sometimes be a little troublemaker, but, we love him, and he loves us too.  He's a "dog of many talents", and he's also very unique.

1 comment:

Type your comment here.....